17 Apr 2011

Broken Symmetry

While in Africa I remembered this great BBC documentary with a particular amusing scene; filming ostriches drinking at a waterhole the cameraman kept the framing steady at head level of the ostriches and in regular intervals they would pop their heads in and out of view. Sitting at a waterhole in Etosha and observing these quirky big birds that funny scene flashed before my eyes and I tried to catch it in a photograph - it didn't really work out. Still, I did get some nice shots of an ostrich trio, their long necks seemingly extended from one single body. While some of you may remark that the image could have been cropped/cloned to remove the out of focus zebras in the background I do prefer this version; I would always sacrifice symmetry for context.

Ostrich, Etosha Nationalpark, Namibia

No comments:

Post a Comment